Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion :: View topic - simulation starts but no devices are turned on or off
You are browsing the forum as a guest. Guest access has been disabled! Log in or register to access the full features of the message board.
Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsChatLog in
simulation starts but no devices are turned on or off

Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index » BLOccupied Plug-In View previous topic
View next topic
simulation starts but no devices are turned on or off
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

Post: #1   Post simulation starts but no devices are turned on or off Reply with quote
Hello,

I am a new user. Have installed your plug-in which loads fine. When I start a simulation, the log file reports info occupancy simulation has been started! But then nothing happens at night. The ini file is below. Wondering how to troubleshoot this, where to start. Thanks

Ricky

[Settings]
debugLevel=true
loadSystemTrayIcon=true
helpFolder=/BLHelp/
minTime=5
maxTime=45
maxDevicesOnAtOneTime=3
applyRandomDelayToCleanup=false
useHomeseerSunsetAndSunriseTimesForLights=true
deviceTypesForSimulation=Z-Wave Switch Binary|Z-Wave Switch Multilevel
lightingStartTime=
lightingEndTime=
[Devices]
Q1=false
Q2=true
Q3=false
Q4=true
Q5=false
Q6=true
Q7=false
Q8=false
Q9=false
Q11=false
Q12=false
Q14=false
Q16=true
Q17=false
Q18=false
Q19=false
Q20=false
Q21=false
Q22=false
Q23=false
Q24=false
Q25=false
Q26=false
Q27=false
Q34=false
Q35=false
Q38=false
Q39=false
Q47=false
Q48=false
Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blade
Site Administrator

Member # 2

Log a help desk ticket on my web site.
Once you add a ticket, please enable debug logging and then start the occupancy simulation, once you stop the simulation, disable debug logging on the options page and then attach the BLOccupied-Detailed.log file to the help desk ticket.
I will have a look

Mon May 10, 2010 12:39 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

Thanks, Bob. I have put in a help desk ticket and attached the file. I have had debug logging turned on for the past week and have run simulations several times during that period. I have a simulation running now.

Another question: Can I use your program to play music? Does it work with the windows media player plug-in?

Thanks again,

Ricky
Mon May 10, 2010 1:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

Looking at your ini file quick they all seem to be virtual devices that are specified. Do any of them actually turn on anything?
Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Blade
Site Administrator

Member # 2

There are zwave devices I suspect

Mon May 10, 2010 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

Yes, they are all z-wave devices that turn on/off lights. They work fine in other HS events, etc.

I would like to add some mediaplayer events to turn on and off music when I am not home. Will the simulations allow that? How do I do that? Is there a discussion of turning on and off music with BLOccupied? Do I have a playlist ready and use the mediaplayer status device in BLOccupied to turn it on?

Thanks,
Mon May 10, 2010 2:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blade
Site Administrator

Member # 2

I doubt that will work.
The plugin was made specifically for controlling devices when you are not home.

Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

RickyEM wrote:
Yes, they are all z-wave devices that turn on/off lights. They work fine in other HS events, etc.

I would like to add some mediaplayer events to turn on and off music when I am not home. Will the simulations allow that? How do I do that? Is there a discussion of turning on and off music with BLOccupied? Do I have a playlist ready and use the mediaplayer status device in BLOccupied to turn it on?

Thanks,

I have an event that starts up when I put the house in away mode, BLOccupied is part of that event, as is a separate recurring event that starts BLMediaPlayer and blasts music from an upstairs bathroom, just enough so you can almost hear it outside. Smile Just setup an event for your media player playlist and use the device status change trigger of a virtual device going on or off to trigger your music event. That virtual device can be controlled via BLOccupied. Wink
Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

Thanks for the idea about music, that works well.

Is there anyway to get one device (the virtual device that controls the music) to stay on longer than other devices? Probably not.

I guess I could creat multiple music virtual devices? Would that be okay or would they conflict?
Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

RickyEM wrote:
Thanks for the idea about music, that works well.

Is there anyway to get one device (the virtual device that controls the music) to stay on longer than other devices? Probably not.

I guess I could creat multiple music virtual devices? Would that be okay or would they conflict?

The way i do it is i have the virtual audio device run as a seperate recurring event that gets started and shut off by my away mode coming on or off, the same event that starts and stops BLOccupied.
Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

I am still confused, i thought u said the virtual audio device was controlled by BBCoccupied, evidently not.

If not, then the music is playing all the time u are away, right? But what if you are gone for weeks?

If controlled by BBCoccupied, (i) how can I get the virtual music device to be turned on/off during the day (that is to not be treated like a light device) and (ii) how can i get the music to stay on for longer time periods than a light?

thx
Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

Sorry, I could have been more clear, I don't use BLOccupied to turn music on or off directly, instead it is part of a whole "Away Mode" that I've setup. I do use a virtual device to turn music on/off but instead of BLOccupied being the trigger it's triggered by my away mode going on/off, the same event that triggers BLOccupied. Below is the event that triggers music when my away mode comes on. It comes on if the away mode is on for 45 minutes, plays for 10 minutes and shuts off. It repeats every 92 min after that and plays music for 10 min and shuts off.

I hope this is a little more clear, if not, no problem, I'll try again. Smile

RickyEM wrote:
I am still confused, i thought u said the virtual audio device was controlled by BBCoccupied, evidently not.

If not, then the music is playing all the time u are away, right? But what if you are gone for weeks?

If controlled by BBCoccupied, (i) how can I get the virtual music device to be turned on/off during the day (that is to not be treated like a light device) and (ii) how can i get the music to stay on for longer time periods than a light?

thx

away.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.23 KB
 Viewed:  9770 Time(s)

away.JPG

Wed May 12, 2010 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

Ok, got it, I will do the same, thanks.

What else do you have as part of your away mode besides music and lights going on and off at night, anything?
Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
RickyEM
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 436

I spoke too soon, I thought I understood but when I went to implement it I need more help. Sorry.

Lotus music is just a virtual device that is either on or off, according to the recurring event you showed me, right? There must be two other media player events that are triggered when there is a device status change on the virtual lotus music device, is that correct? One of these media player events turns some playlist on and the other turns it off. Am I understanding?
Wed May 12, 2010 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

RickyEM wrote:
I spoke too soon, I thought I understood but when I went to implement it I need more help. Sorry.

Lotus music is just a virtual device that is either on or off, according to the recurring event you showed me, right? There must be two other media player events that are triggered when there is a device status change on the virtual lotus music device, is that correct? One of these media player events turns some playlist on and the other turns it off. Am I understanding?

That's exactly right, the virtual device coming off or on is what triggers a BLMedia player event to play a particular playlist at a particular volume, through a particular speaker, etc or to shut it all off. This is also the same event I use to play music in the shower so it's a dual use event. Smile I'm sure you can trigger a HS media player event to do the same, I just never tried it with that player as BLMediaPlayer is much faster to start music playing.

I do a bunch of things within HS when the away mode comes on, depending on weather it's daytime or nighttime. Daytime turns all the lights etc. in the house off. Nighttime turns a few on at a lower dim level. It also sets cameras to record the home perimeter as well as turn on the alarm system. It's gotten quite complicated over the years. Smile
Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
   Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index » BLOccupied Plug-In All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: