Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion :: View topic - How about BLUETOOTH? BLBlueTooth
You are browsing the forum as a guest. Guest access has been disabled! Log in or register to access the full features of the message board.
Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsChatLog in
How about BLUETOOTH? BLBlueTooth

Reply to topic    Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index » BLBluetooth Plug-In View previous topic
View next topic
How about BLUETOOTH? BLBlueTooth
TrOjAn
Plug-In Moderator

Member # 3

Post: #1   Post How about BLUETOOTH? BLBlueTooth Reply with quote
Any chance you can knock up a plugin to monitor the families 4 bluetooth phones, RFid aint too clever for me as the kids dont take out the tags Sad at least with a mobile then Id be 100%

Anyone else fancy this?? need to put pressure on Blade Wink

TrOjAn

WORKING Plugins: X10 CM11A/CM12U, BLSecurity, BLBackup, BLMediaPlayer, BLNetCallerId, BLRandom, BLOutgoingCalls, BLDeviceMatrix, BLMapper, BLIcon, BLEditor, BLReminders, BLFloorplan, BLChart, BLOccupied, BLPlugins, BLVolume, BLRadar, BLLogMonitor, BLEbayMonitor, BLNinjaControl, BLBroadcast, SafeRestart, BLUPS Monitor, BLSpeech, BLRfid, BLAlarm, AC-RF2 Processor
Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RichTJ99
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 95

This looks great! I cant wait to try it out!

Need any other beta testers?
Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Nightwalker
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Member # 15

Post: #3   Post Re: How about BLUETOOTH? BLBlueTooth Reply with quote
TrOjAn wrote:
Any chance you can knock up a plugin to monitor the families 4 bluetooth phones, RFid aint too clever for me as the kids dont take out the tags Sad at least with a mobile then Id be 100%

Anyone else fancy this?? need to put pressure on Blade Wink

TrOjAn

Attach the tags to their phone. Smile
Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
zimmer62
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 134

There is an existing bluetooth plugin that does this already.

I have it setup, but don't really use it for anything. I though I would at one point, but just haven't taken the time to make it useful. It supports having bluetooth devices on remote computers too, so I can tell if I'm at my desk at work, or at home etc.
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
TrOjAn
Plug-In Moderator

Member # 3

Yea I know theres another plugin.. I used it for the FREE period but IMO I dont like paying $29 + for plugins Smile

The whole ethos of Blades are Good quality CHEAP plugins.... I think he has succeeded Very Happy

TrOjAn

WORKING Plugins: X10 CM11A/CM12U, BLSecurity, BLBackup, BLMediaPlayer, BLNetCallerId, BLRandom, BLOutgoingCalls, BLDeviceMatrix, BLMapper, BLIcon, BLEditor, BLReminders, BLFloorplan, BLChart, BLOccupied, BLPlugins, BLVolume, BLRadar, BLLogMonitor, BLEbayMonitor, BLNinjaControl, BLBroadcast, SafeRestart, BLUPS Monitor, BLSpeech, BLRfid, BLAlarm, AC-RF2 Processor
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zimmer62
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 134

That's fair enough. Blades plugins are a great value...

I'd probably go with blades if he comes out with one.
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
william.abbo
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 144

The problem with a bluetooth-plugin is that it will drain the battery of the phone very quickly due to the constant polling of the BT-device.
I did try the one which can be downloaded from the Homeseer-site, but every-one of the family was complaining of the usable batterytime, so.............. I had to un-install it.
I think Rfid is much better
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
TrOjAn
Plug-In Moderator

Member # 3

On my Nokia the bluetooth is on 24 / 7 and battery is over a week.. dont see the problem with it Smile

TrOjAn

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zimmer62
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 134

There was a difference when my phone actually connects to a bluetooth device, instead of just being discovered.

When I make the connection, the battery life is very short. If I leave bluetooth on to be discovered, it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference in life.

I have an HTC TyTn
Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
zimmer62
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 134

I was thinking about this, and I remember seeing a bluetooth PC application that could do could initiate calls, receive calls through the PC speaker, and a bunch of other fancy stuff. I kinda thought it was pointless when I first looked at it, but it seems like there might be something to it.

I can tell you I miss a lot of phone calls on my cell phone when I'm at home, simply because I don't hear it ring / feel it vibrate etc. I'd love to announce that over the house speakers, and possibly even take the phone call, or answer with a voice mail message. At the very least, maybe caller-id or something when it's ringing.

If I could use a bluetooth compatible phone with a BLplugin instead of homeseer phone I'd ditch my land-line in a second.
Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chak
Board Noob
Board Noob

Member # 140

Can't wait for testing this plugin.
Hope it can also detect my car's BT so that i will know that the car is in front of my house.
Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
TrOjAn
Plug-In Moderator

Member # 3

Chak wrote:
Can't wait for testing this plugin.
Hope it can also detect my car's BT so that i will know that the car is in front of my house.

Not too sure this will ever make it to the general public.. me and Blade have played with it and at this time its not very reliable, I expected it to be better but the phones drop off all the time even when in the house.

The only way I can see it being better is if you have multiple BT dongles around the house on other PC`s.

We shall see.

TrOjAn

Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:25 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Blade's Plug-Ins Discussion Forum Index » BLBluetooth Plug-In All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: